Welcome to our Blog!
Want to know more about us? Click on the first article: “Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum: Who We Are.” We’re constantly adding more articles including ones from special Guest Bloggers.
Please peruse our categories:
- “Flying Legends of Victory Tour” – Our Annual Summer Air Tour across the U.S. and Canada.
- “History” – Learn about different combat aviation moments in time and the legends themselves.
- “Museum Exhibits & Artifacts” – What’s inside our 55,000 square feet?
- “Planes Used in Combat” – Vintage World War photos and ones from present day along with articles chockfull of information about Warbirds.
- “Restoration” – Read how we fulfill one part of our mission through the restoration and preservation of combat aircraft.
- “Volunteers” – This is how the props keep turning and the lights stay on. Literally.
B-17G Bombardier 15th Air Force, 97th Bomb Group, 342nd Squadron Letter submitted by: JoAnn Semones, in memory of my father. I completed 50 combat missions which took place from May through September 1944 in the Mediterranean Theatre of War. We were based just…Read more
B-17G Ball Turret Gunner aboard Bombshell 8th Air Force, 390th Bomb Group KIA: December 1944 over Germany while on 23rd mission This letter is about the grandfather I never knew because SSGT. Paul Roberts was a ball turret gunner aboard the B-17G Bombshell that went…Read more
Navigator on B-24 Lucky Strike 5th Air Force, 308th Bomb Group, 530th Squadron South Pacific These are the accounts of a mission to Celebes. Late in 1944 the island of Halmaheras was planned for landing by American Forces in the island leapfrogging to liberate…Read more