Frequently Asked Questions
The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum offers an unforgettable experience that will leave your heart pumping and your mind racing. Below are some things you should know before your flight. Have questions? Send us an email.
Every passenger will need to fill out a Hold Harmless agreement/Manifest with the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum (provided when you arrive for your flight) and may also have to fill out an additional agreement depending on aircraft. Minors who fly (age 5-17) must have their guardian complete a Minor Hold Harmless agreement and the guardian(s) must be present on the day of flight.
All passengers must be 12 years and older to ride the following aircraft:
Boeing B-17G Bomber
Boeing PT-17 Stearman
North American B-25J Mitchell Bomber
North American SNJ-T6 Texan
* Passengers between 5 and 11 years of age are eligible to fly the following aircraft if a guardian flies with them.
*Beechcraft C-45 Expeditor
All passengers must check in for the flight one hour before departure time. Those passengers not checking in one before are considered a “no show.” No refund will be offered, and his/her seat may be given to others on the flight waiting list.
The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum reserves the right to cancel or delay due to illness of aircrew, weather, maintenance, or failure to meet minimum passenger requirements.
In such cases a full refund or rescheduled flight will be offered.
- If made 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight:
- a passenger may receive a refund less a $100 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations 24 hours or less prior to the scheduled flight:
- no refund will be given.
- If made 1 or more days prior to the scheduled flight:
- no extra charge.
- No reservation changes (date or time) are permitted 24 hours or less before the scheduled flight.
All of our warbird rides follow the same format, unless otherwise noted.
- Arrival Time: Plan on arriving to the facility (or the airport where the planes are visiting) at least one hour before your scheduled flight time.
- Preboarding: Occurs 1/2 to 1 hour before takeoff. You’ll be part of a crew/passenger briefing, and paperwork will be filled out.
- Boarding: Passengers board, take their seats, and seat belt check is performed. (5 minutes)
- Engine Startup/Run-up: Before takeoff, the aircraft’s engines are started, and the warbird will taxi to the active runway. (10 minutes)
- Flight Time (in Air): Your aerial tour lasts about 20-25 minutes. (NOTE: actual aerial times may vary by aircraft.)
- Landing/Taxi/Engine Shutdown: Safe return back to base and taxi back to the area where you boarded the plane. (5 minutes)
- Disembark: Occurs once the plane is secure and the crew has opened the exit(s).
- Total Time on Board: Your entire experience is expected to last about 40-45 minutes.