Looking for a unique place for a group or school field trip?
The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum is waiting for you! Courage. Sacrifice. Ingenuity. Determination. We honor all of these qualities possessed by the military veterans who inspire our mission. And our number one mission objective is education.
Learn more about the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum’s humble beginnings and how our air force museum has grown from a one-plane project to a one-of-a-kind collection and world-renowned attraction.
Whether you are a school, scout group, veterans group, activities director, or just a large family, we will make it an experience you won’t soon forget. Each group will be assigned to a specific number of docents to give guided tours and answer any questions you have. If you are a large group, we will break you into smaller groups to ensure that each member has a chance to get an up close and personal look at our exhibits.
There are no picnic areas or lunch facilities on site. However, Falcon Field has a nice playground area with picnic tables nearby where everyone can enjoy a sack lunch. This is a great spot to watch the airplanes land and take off from Falcon Field. If you have a smaller group, you can purchase a picnic lunch to take with you from Jimmy John’s, which is right across the street from the museum on McKellips. You’re encouraged to make arrangements in advance for box lunches.
- The maximum number of people per tour is 50.
- Two weeks advance notice is required. Group tours and school field trips book up quickly and we want to ensure we have space available for your group. (Please note: we make every effort to ensure Docents are available on your scheduled tour day. We ask your understanding if unforeseen circumstances occur that limit the number of Docents.)
- Groups must pre-pay prior to the time of your visit. (This does not apply to school/scout field trips.)
To make reservations, please click here to fill out a tour request form (forms are also accessible via links below).
Hours change during the summer months:
- From June 1 – September 30, the Museum is open Wednesdays through Sundays from 9 am to 3 pm and closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- From October 1 – May 31, the Museum is open seven days a week from 10 am to 4 pm.
Questions? Send an email to our Docents.
School/Scout Field Trips:
For pre-arranged school or scout organizations (including home school groups), admission is free for students. Teachers and chaperones pay just $5 each. Don’t forget to submit your Tour Request form. And remember during the Summer, we’re closed on Monday and Tuesday. Note: We require one adult for every eight youths (age six to twelve) and one adult for every two children five years of age and under.
For non-school groups of 8 or more, admission is $10 per individual and must be pre-paid by one member of the group either prior to your visit or at the time of your visit. Don’t forget to submit your Tour Request form. And remember during the Summer, we’re closed on Monday and Tuesday. Note: We require one adult for every two children five years of age and under.