Welcome to our Blog!
Want to know more about us? Click on the first article: “Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum: Who We Are.” We’re constantly adding more articles including ones from special Guest Bloggers.
Please peruse our categories:
- “Flying Legends of Victory Tour” – Our Annual Summer Air Tour across the U.S. and Canada.
- “History” – Learn about different combat aviation moments in time and the legends themselves.
- “Museum Exhibits & Artifacts” – What’s inside our 55,000 square feet?
- “Planes Used in Combat” – Vintage World War photos and ones from present day along with articles chockfull of information about Warbirds.
- “Restoration” – Read how we fulfill one part of our mission through the restoration and preservation of combat aircraft.
- “Volunteers” – This is how the props keep turning and the lights stay on. Literally.
Category: Museum Exhibits & Artifacts
Keeping a WWII Warplane Operational Requires Work and Constant Maintenance. Sounds Familiar, Doesn’t It? By Bo Shaw (as it appeared in the Auto Restorer Magazine, January 2018 issue) Editor’s note: AR contributor Bo Shaw generally writes about his restored TR3A…Read more
In 1934, the U.S. Army Air Corps asked for a “battleship of the skies.” The specifications requested were very specific and Boeing designers were up for the challenge but also wanted to make sure that the bomber they designed could…Read more