Welcome to our Blog!
We’re constantly adding more articles including ones from special Guest Bloggers.
Please peruse our categories:
- “Flying Legends of Victory Tour” – Our Annual Summer Air Tour across the U.S. and Canada.
- “History” – Learn about different combat aviation moments in time and the legends themselves.
- “Museum Exhibits & Artifacts” – What’s inside our 55,000 square feet?
- “Planes Used in Combat” – Vintage World War photos and ones from present day along with articles chockfull of information about Warbirds.
- “Restoration” – Read how we fulfill one part of our mission through the restoration and preservation of combat aircraft.
- “Volunteers” – This is how the props keep turning and the lights stay on. Literally.
Why Did You Get Involved with the Arizona Commemorative Air Force?
The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum (AZCAF) is run 99% on volunteers/members. Yes, you heard that right- 99%! We might be biased – but we have some of the best out there! We often ask what makes them give us…Read more
“Meet the Docents” Series #2: Lemon, McKenna and McNamee
Meet Dennis Lemon Dennis Lemon has been a member and docent of the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum since January of 2007. Dennis also went on tour with our B-25 and B-17 for three years. He is from all over…Read more
Your Guides Through History – New Blog Series “Meet the Docents”
There is a lot to see at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum. How you experience the museum is up to you. You can either roam about on your own, look at what we have to offer and ask questions…Read more
Not All Vintage Vehicles Are Cars or Trucks
Keeping a WWII Warplane Operational Requires Work and Constant Maintenance. Sounds Familiar, Doesn’t It? By Bo Shaw (as it appeared in the Auto Restorer Magazine, January 2018 issue) Editor’s note: AR contributor Bo Shaw generally writes about his restored TR3A…Read more
Female Pilots Take to the Skies
By Guest Blogger Lana Gates, Member – Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum For Stephanie Meier, aviation is in her blood. Her grandfather flew in World War II, and her father worked as a pilot. At the age of 14, she…Read more