Wartime Mission:Transport, navigational and weapons trainer, light bomber, photo-reconnaissance, mission liaison, and mothership for drones.The C-45 Expeditor or a variant was initially introduced to the civilian market, but once war broke out, its potential was realized and production began in large quantities. It was used in every branch of American service during WWII and Korea and remains one of the world’s most widely used light aircraft.
The Expeditor was still being produced up through 1970 and used for Strategic Air Command, civilian feeder aircraft, business travel, aerial spraying, dry cloud and fish seeding, aerial firefighting, mail delivery, ambulance service, skydiving, weapon- and drug-smuggling, skywriting, banner towing, and stunts. It could be modified with a nosewheel, skis or floats.
All seats have a window. Passengers remain seated during the flight. Flight time is approximately 20 minutes in the air.
Number of Passengers: 5 (2 rows of 2 seats and 1 seat in cockpit)
Price: $175 for cockpit seat, $80/seat for passenger cabin.
Accessibility: Please see disclaimer below
Ear Protection: Earplugs (provided or bring your own)
Flight Intensity: Low (typically less than a small commercial airliner)
Type: Cargo/Light Transport
Maiden Flight: 15 January 1937
Theater of War: World War II through 1976
Number Produced: 1,300 of the C-45 and variants
Status: Retired 1976 by U.S. Army
Crew: 2 Pilots
Wingspan: 47 ft 8 in
Length: 34 ft 2 in
Height: 9 ft 8 in
Empty Weight: 6,175 lbs
Max Takeoff Weight: 8,727 lbs
Power Plant: (2) Pratt & Whitney R-985-AN-1 Twin Wasp Junior radials
Horsepower: 450 hp (each)
Maximum Speed: 195 knots (225 mph)
Service Ceiling: 26,000 ft
Rate of Climb: 1,850 ft/min
Range: 1,000 nm (1,200 mi)
Cargo/Passengers: 4-6 Passengers or 2,500 lbs of cargo
Flights on this plane
C-45 Expeditor - Seating chart
- Passengers must be 5 years of age or older (12 or older to fly in the cockpit). Passengers under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Minors who fly (age 5-17) must have their guardian complete a Minor Hold Harmless agreement and the guardian(s) must be present on the day of flight.
- There is a minimum number of passengers required to fly this aircraft. If the minimum is not met 24 hours prior to the flight time, the flight will be cancelled.
- For safety reasons, all passengers must wear close-toed shoes. No Sandals or flip-flops will be allowed.
- All flights take-off from and land at the same airport.
- For your safety and ours, Passengers must be able to enter and exit the aircraft without assistance. Passengers that cannot board without assistance will not be flown. Passengers may be required to demonstrate that they can board and exit the aircraft prior to boarding.
- For safety reasons, no vaping devices are allowed on any of our aircraft
- No Firearms are permitted on the aircraft
- No animals are permitted on the aircraft