B-25 Mitchell Maid in the Shade T-shirt
$25.00 – $27.00
The B-25J Mitchell was named after General Billy Mitchell, a famous Army Air Corps general of the 1920s and 1930s. It proved to be one of the best weapons and was possibly the most versatile aircraft of WWII. Heavily armed, it was utilized for high- and low-level bombing, strafing, photo reconnaissance and submarine patrol. It’s most distinguishing role was in the historic raid over Tokyo in 1942 by the Doolittle Raiders. The B-25 saw duty in every combat area flown by the Dutch, British, Chinese, Russian, Australian, and US forces. Our particular B-25J Maid In The Shade served her wartime duty with the 319th Bomb Group, 437th Squadron at Serragia Airbase, Corsica. There it was assigned Battle Number 18. The plane flew 15 combat missions over Italy and Yugoslavia between November 4 and December 31, 1944. The majority of the targets were railroad bridges.
- Full color artwork on back,
- B-25J Maid in the Shade in flight on back of shirt
- Black t-shirt.
- Features CAF logo on front.
- Pre-shrunk 100% cotton jersey knit 5.3 ounce t-shirt
- Double-needle stitched sleeve and bottom hems
- Quarter-turned to eliminate center crease
- Seamless double-needle collar.
|Dimensions||30 × 18 × 0.5 in|
2XL, 3XL, Large, Medium, Small, X-Small, XLarge