Vintage B-25 ‘Maid in the Shade’ Metal Sign
Vintage Style Sign
Vintage style metal signs add nostalgic fun to a home, hangar, office or garage. This reproduction sign is built from an actual photo of our B-25J Mitchell bomber named ‘Maid in the Shade’. ‘The Maid’ was built by North American Aviation, Kansas City, KS, in the first part of 1944. Delivered to the U.s S. Army Air Force on June 9, 1944 and assigned to 57th Bomb Wing of 319th Bomb Group of 437th Squadron at Serraggia Airbase, Corsica Nov. 1 – Dev. 31, 1944. She flew 13 combat missions over Italy and 2 over Yugoslavia. She was later donated to CAF/Airbase Arizona in1981. After 28 years of restoration, ‘The Maid In The Shade’ flew again on May 29, 2009.
- Exclusive to Airbase Arizona
- Proud logo of the Airbase Arizona Commemorative Air Force® adds style and identity.
- Made in the USA of 24 gauge American steel
- The images are baked into the powder coating for a durable finish
- Vintaging process, by hand, to give the sign an aged look and feel
- Sign edges are rounded and the corners drilled and riveted for easy hanging
- Ready for hanging – 13.5″ x 8″
|Dimensions||13.5 × 8 × 0.25 in|