Our WWII bombers love to fly, and we love to fly in them! Based in Mesa, AZ, these beautiful ladies soar gracefully through the cooler months of the year around the majestic Superstition Mountains or a tour stop not too far from home base. During the hotter summer months though, we take our bombers to different parts of the country (where it is cooler than in Arizona!) so thousands of guests can get up close and personal, and even have the chance to fly in one of the planes.
All of our warbird rides follow the same typical format, unless otherwise noted. Please plan on arriving to the facility (or the airport where the planes are visiting) at least one hour before your scheduled flight time.
- Pre-boarding: 1/2 to 1 hour before take-off; crew/passenger briefing and paperwork
- Boarding: Passenger placement, seat belt check (5 minutes)
- Engine start-up/Run-up: Before take off, run-up of engines and taxi to active runway (10 minutes)
- Flight time (in air): Aerial tour lasting about 20-25 minutes (*times vary for the Stearman; see below)
- Landing/Taxi/Engine shut down: Safe return back to base and taxi back to the area where you boarded the plane (5 minutes)
- Disembark: Once the plane is secure and the crew has opened the exit(s)
- Total Time on Board: Your entire experience is expected to last about 40-45 minutes