Becoming a Member
Arizona Wing unit of the Commemorative Air Force Membership
Every third Saturday of the month at 10:00AM a new member orientation is scheduled (subject to attendance). New members and those considering joining the AZCAF are welcome. Contact the Personnel Officer to confirm that each month's orientation presentation will be held. You are also welcome to come out to the museum any time and join us to learn about our history, our aircraft, and what makes our organization a great place to be a member.
For more information and to confirm the next orientation, please e-mail our Personnel Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reasons I should join:
- The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) was founded over fifty years ago in an effort to preserve a flying example of every aircraft from WWII. Since then, we have expanded our mission to honoring all American military aircraft through flight, exhibition and remembrance, no matter what era.
- We have over 160 aircraft, with two-thirds of them flying and the other third being restored to flying status. We accomplish this through our 9,000 volunteer members who are scattered throughout the country in more than seventy individual units.
- The Arizona Wing is home to one of the last most famous airplanes ever, the B-17G Flying Fortress Sentimental Journey. Our B-17G is in flying condition, and makes annual tours across the country each summer.
- In addition, the Arizona Wing has several other aircraft in flight status, and has recently completed the restoration of a B-25J Mitchell.
- The Wing is home of a magnificent museum, housing historic aircraft and special exhibits honoring the stories and legacy of those who have served in U.S. Military aviation.
Ways I can help the AZ Wing:
The Arizona Wing is always looking for member help. All of our members have a great love for maintaining and flying these airplanes for years to come. You do not have to have military experience, aircraft mechanic skills, or hold a pilot certificate to become involved with the Arizona Wing. Many other duties need to be filled in our wing, ranging from museum tour docent, aircraft or artifact restoration, and public speaking, to name a few. These duties, no matter how large or small, can give you the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to keep a part of history alive for future generations.
How do I join?
Several ways to join the CAF and AZ Wing (two separate memberships - please read carefully):
- Regardless of whether or not you join the AZ Wing specifically, you must first become a member of the CAF. To do so, please visit their site for details by clicking here: Join the CAF. Options are Colonel, Life, Cadet, and Supporting Membership.
- As of 2008, in order to participate in museum activities and events, you must join the CAF as a "Colonel", "Life", or "Cadet" member. "CAF Supporting Membership" does not allow for participation in museum activities and events. Please see details here: CAF Supporting Membership
- Pay and keep current your annual dues. After applying for/becoming a CAF "Colonel", "Life", or "Cadet" member, you can join the AZ Wing for the annual fee of $50 USD. Our application form can be downloaded, printed and filled out, then mailed to us.
*Please note: We cannot accept CAF membership applications, only AZ Wing specific applications. For questions or concerns about CAF membership, please contact HQ directly (click here).
To printout the application you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader if you don't have it. It is free and you will only need to download it once. Then, return to this page and printout the application.